Dog Owner Warns of Pet Suffocation From Everyday Snack Bags

Dog Owner Warns of Pet Suffocation From Everyday Snack Bags

A Texas woman is warning pet owners about everyday snack bags after the tragic death of her dog.

A few days ago, Christina Young, wrote a heart-wrenching, now viral Facebook post about her dog Petey suffocating on a chip bag. She said as he munched on the chips, he would inhale, making the bag tighter and tighter around his head.

Young said pet suffocation actually happens a lot more than most pet owners realize. 3-5 pet suffocations are reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. Young says chip bags, cereal bags, bread bags, popcorn bags and dog/cat treat bags are the most common.

Another woman, Bonnie Harlan, went through the same heartbreak with her dog, Blue. She started an organization called Prevent Pet Suffocation and an online petition asking Frito-Lay to put warning labels on chip bags.

New York City Has Highest Consumption of Cannabis in the World

New York City Has Highest Consumption of Cannabis in the World

“Harvey Weinstein Tax” May Affect Plaintiffs in Harassment Cases; Rob Wood Explains

“Harvey Weinstein Tax” May Affect Plaintiffs in Harassment Cases; Rob Wood Explains